Trace Talks #6: Fostering inclusive value chains by closing the tech gap
The COVID-19 pandemic has shown that the dynamics of global food supply chains are failing workers in the producing countries. Price volatility, suspended demands and low wages have driven farmers into poverty and food insecurity, rendering many value chains unable to operate with dignity.
In response, new ways to break out of business as usual are emerging through innovative practices that are not only more productive and sustainable, but also more inclusive. At Fairfood, we see technology as a catalyst for this much-needed transformation, and the next Trace Talk focuses on solutions enabling companies to address the key challenges preventing us from making global supply chains more inclusive. Those are:
- Lack of access to financial services
- Challenges related to the delivery of goods and services
- Gender inequality
- Lack of adequate supply-chain traceability
Our amazing speakers will show us how they tackle these challenges through their innovative projects. They will share the lessons learned and explain why technology enables their solutions to be impactful.
Let’s bounce back and give our value chains a technology makeover to foster inclusivity.
Prepare your mind and register now!
What will you learn?
- What better access to financial services looks like. Swiss Capacity Building Facility will explain the importance of developing and upscaling financial products to improve the livelihoods of low-income people.
- Optimising the delivery of goods and services. Grameen Foundation will elaborate on how farming optimisation methods through data collection can increase land productivity and therefore the incomes of smallholder farmers as well.
- Tech for gender equality. HERproject will show how digital payments are empowering women in producer countries.
- Traceability and fair payments. Fairfood will share how verifying payments and giving famers visibility can enhance the farmer position and their bargaining power in the supply chain.
Who is this webinar for?
Are you involved with global supply chains, are passionate about advocating for those without a seat at the table, or are trying to grow a sustainable business? Then this webinar is for you! And if you are curious to hear about a business case on tech for good, inclusivity, sustainability, blockchain tech, or living income, we would love for you to join too!
Who are the speakers?
Marten van Gils (moderator)
Tech Director, Fairfood
Chrissy Martin Meier
Learning and Insights Manager, Swiss Capacity Building Facility
Regional Director Africa, Grameen Foundation
HERfinance Manager, HERproject
Product Owner Trace, Fairfood